A new grade of cylinder gas regulator for the NA market.
February 4, 2015
by PLANT STAFF
Linde Canada Ltd.’s first single-stage SmoothFlow regulator performs like a multi stage regulator.
The regulator, new to the North American industrial market, continuously delivers optimal flow independently of cylinder pressure. The high level of pressure stability and reduction of internal forces has significant benefits for the gas user in terms of increased efficiency, performance and improved product life.
The outer cladding is manufactured from a robust, impact-resistant and fire-retardant nylon-based material for what the company describes as “robust pressure gauge protection.” Here are some highlights:
• Pressure adjusting knob mechanism allows the maximum setting to be reached in less than three turns.
• Improved pressure stability is achieved across the entire working pressure range, so the regulator needs to be set once during a working cycle.
• If the regulator and connected cylinder are impacted by a fall, not only will the inlet stem break off to protect the regulator, a high-performing excess-flow valve will automatically and safely seal off gas discharge from the cylinder into the atmosphere.
• New technology for the encapsulated valve harnesses the principle of technical advantage, in conjunction with piston technology that replaces the conventional diaphragm. A first for industrial regulators.
• The patented internal safety valve is incorporated into the piston, making it an effective tamper-proof safety relief device.
The regulator is manufactured and certified to ISO 2503, AS 4267 and TUV approved.
Linde Canada in Mississauga, Ont. is an affiliate of Linde North America, a member of The Linde Group, a global gases and engineering company.