Difference/Sum LVDT signal conditioner
NewTek Sensor Solutions introduced a series of Difference/Sum LVDT signal conditioners that improve a sensor’s performance during large temperature variation.
By measuring the difference of the output over the sum (S1-S2)/(S1+S2), the NTC-6000-DS Quick-Cal LVDT signal conditioner compensates for changes in resistance in copper windings due to temperature fluctuations. The ratio metric signal conditioner is for use with AC- LVDTs in harsh environments with extreme temperature swings such as aerospace test stands, packaging equipment, factory automation, turbine control systems and steam valve positioning.
Users of the NTC-6000-DS LVDT signal conditioner can select between a ratio metric Diff/Sum measurement or differential (standard) measurement. It offers:
- Selectable ratiometric Diff/Sum measurement or differential (standard) measurement
- Compatibility with almost any AC-LVDT
- Self-diagnostics for sensor failures, disconnects or short circuits
- Cybersecurity locks out and tamper detect
- Voltage, current and digital
- Digital protocols include Modbus, CAN Bus, RS-485 and more
- Hot swap reconfiguration where setup is saved and reloaded via the RS-485 port
- Intuitive setup for quick configuration by non-technical personnel
- Selectable excitation frequency, analog outputs and bandwidth