When thinking about setting up a blog many industrial marketing professionals worry about where they will get content.
When thinking about setting up a blog many industrial marketing professionals worry about where they will get content. The following 10 ideas will kick-start your blog and get you producing content your readers will love.
1. How to articles. My blog http://broadfieldconsulting.com has content that is largely based on how to get better results from industrial marketing, a topic that is nearly limitless.
2. Top 5 or 10 lists. Readers love short lists that give them a snapshot view or summary of a general topic of interest. These lists are easy to prepare.
3. What’s new. What’s happening in your industry or in your company.
4. Answers. Provide detailed answers for your most frequently asked questions.
5. Resources. Compile a list of resources that will help your target audience.
6. Contrarian posts. Write about why a popular idea is wrong. Go against the grain and stir up some controversy.
7. Case studies. Have a great case study? Write about it on your blog with permission from the subject of the case study. Share your best practices and your great results.
8. Industry trends. Summarize and give your opinion.
9. Ideas from TV. Sometimes watching TV can spur all kinds of unique ideas for blog posts.
10. Other blogs. Reading other blogs is a great way to develop ideas you can personalize and make your own. Always be original.
Once you start actively blogging (and reading other blogs in your industry) you will have more content than the time you need to get it written.
Andrew Shedden is the president of Broadfield Communications, a marketing consulting firm that makes it easier for companies to grow their revenues. For free marketing communications resources visit http://www.broadfieldcommunications.com. For free industrial marketing resources visit http://broadfieldconsulting.com.