Once you have your blog set up, it’s natural to want to promote it. Be mindful that premature presentation will damage your brand.
Once you have your blog set up, it’s natural to want to promote it. After all, who doesn’t want to expose the world to amazing insights and concise thought?
Be mindful that premature presentation will damage your brand.
Have you ever gone to the resources section of a website and instead of seeing lots of free resources, you’ve been greeted with a single tip sheet or short report? It leaves a negative impression of the website and the company.
Same applies to your blog. It needs mass.
If you have less than 10 posts add more before promoting it. Mass helps to increase your credibility. When you have achieved “critical mass,” here are five ways to promote your blog.
• Write SEO optimized blog posts that are informative and perhaps a bit provocative. Google indexes high-quality, keyword-rich posts very quickly. This means your blog posts will show up on generic Google searches. Prior to publishing run posts through Yoast’s SEO plugin for WordPress. http://yoast.com
• Write a guest post on another, high-traffic blog and link back to your blog. This is a simple way to get the word out and get high-quality backlinks that will improve your ranking. Try commenting on other blogs, although some of them will not let you link back to yours.
• Invite others to make guest posts. This can work well, especially if your guest blogger refers the article to his/her readers.
• Submit your blog and your RSS feed to specialized directories.
• Have partners send out blog invitations to their own opt-in e-mail lists and do the same for them. Many bloggers use e-mail to inform subscribers about new posts.
Andrew Shedden is the president of Broadfield Communications, a marketing consulting firm that makes it easier for companies to grow their revenues. For new media resources and services visit: http://www.broadfieldcommunications.com. For free industrial marketing resources visit http://broadfieldconsulting.com.