What not to ask a potential employer
Survey reveals most unusual queries from job seekers.
TORONTO — Some people who apply for jobs ask the craziest questions.
Office Team, a staffing firm with worldwide locations, including Toronto surveyed 650 human resources pros at firms with 20 or more employees in the US and Canada. Here are some of the most unusual queries.
• What job is this for?
• Do I have to be at work every day?
• Would you consider going on a date with me?
• Do you want to take a ride in my new car?
• Can my husband finish this test for me?
• Is the boss single?
• What are the women who work here like?
• Do you allow midday naps?
• Can I have three weeks off every three months to pursue my music career?
• Can I place my desk near the cafeteria?
• Can you help me search for an apartment?
• Can you help me with the employment test?