Some of you will recall how web disrupted your business. It has transformed the power in the sales transaction from seller to buyer.
What you have to offer and details about your company are being researched online by your prospects at the earliest stage of their buying process. Having high-quality educational content on your website will help reset the buying criteria in your marketplace.
The most profound change in industrial marketing is the importance of online video.
You likely know Google is the most used search engine but you did you know the amount of traffic going to YouTube is staggering? At the time of this writing:
• More than 800 million unique users each month.
• More than 4 billion hours of video watched each month.
• 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
• In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
If you want a simple way to improve your search engine rankings and positively influence growth in your business add video to your marketing tactics.
Here are a few tips that will improve your results.
1. Keep your videos under two minutes and stick to one major point.
2. Focus on providing real value in your videos instead of sales pitches.
3. Avoid reading your script; it makes your video look stilted. Have a few major talking points and speak to the camera in a natural way.
Andrew Shedden is an industrial marketing consultant who helps manufacturing CEOs easily obtain rapid, sustainable, profitable, and guaranteed growth. For free business growth resources visit his website at http://broadfieldconsulting.com.